As difficult as it is to believe, I’ve been truly busy at work recently — an unfortunate circumstance which is cutting into my surfing and blogging time. Here’s some good stuff from the past few days:
- Travelling and hoping to stay in a hostel? Hostels.com is a superb resource.
- We know Wes Anderson is working on The Fantastic Mr. Fox, but according to Hollywood Elsewhere, he’s also written an “India movie.”
- A professor in Iowa is convinced her chimpanzees are “changing how scientists think about the nature of human language.” I remain skeptical.
- The Big Religion Comparison Chart is very big indeed. But where are the Quakers?
- Wikipedia has a category titled Femmes fatales.
- Google = God.
Finally, check out this 1942 US Army & Navy’s HOW TO SPOT A JAP Educational Comic Strip. Originally appearing in a Pocket Guide to China hand-out, the strip teaches soldiers how to distinguish Chinese men from Japanese. The viciousness of the stereotyping is difficult to swallow sixty years later: